SvarDOS: The project's TODO list
* Replace the default (FreeDOS) edit with a smaller alternative (?) that is:
- TINY (a dozen of KiBs or so)
- relatively simple: no need for advanced text editing features, just enough
to comfortably edit small (<64K) configuration files
- 8086-compatible and have modest memory requirements
- multi-lang (kitten library)
- capable of (limited) copy/pasting between two files
* validate that CORE is 100% 8086-compatible
* Networking setup at install time -> should crynwr be part of the install
set? Or only selected drivers? Or maybe this could be provided as a
"supplemental" floppy disk?
* bootable USB install image
* make the COMMAND package smaller so there is no need for multiple
lang-dependant copies of the binary
* improve installer so user can choose the target disk
* add a "link" tool so users can easily create "links" to their favorite
programs (esp. things like zip/unzip, etc)
* install.com - MBR changes could be done by the installer itself instead of
* help - write more useful content!
-> basic DOS commands (directories, copy/rename/delete files, etc)
-> common configuration files (autoexec, config.sys, pkg.cfg, wattcp.cfg..)
-> networking guide
-> memory management basics
* test new versions of software and update packages accordingly. special care
must be taken for core things: kernel, freecom, fdisk, himemx...
* further NLS support, improvements of existing translations and adding new
languages -> would be nice to have some kind of web interface for submitting
and reviewing translations
* pkgnet.exe: implement the 'checkup' action for easy update checks
* possibly plenty of other things
Wanna help? Get in touch!